While most of my books are in KU, I do have a few on the wide sites. Yesterday I received a notice from Google Play that my monthly royalties had been deposited in my account, so I signed in to see what the amount was. The first thing I noticed was I had more books listed as live than there should have been, so I went to see what the problem was. I found several!!! First of all, sometime between when I last logged into the account about six weeks ago and yesterday, GP updated their site and quite a few things looked different. Here’s a list of the errors I found for my listings:
- One book that was delisted last year and put into KU was once again listed as live on GP – I deactivated it again.
- Two of my books suddenly had duplicate listings, with one of them listed as 99c instead of $3.99 like the correct listing was. – I deactivated the duplicates.
- One of those duplicates had my blurb replaced with this:
- One book was completely missing it’s blurb and my bio.
- Another two books were missing their genres.
- Three books were missing their word counts
- Four books were no longer linked to their paperback counterparts.
I fixed all the problems and hopefully there will be no other issues, but I’ll be checking back often over the next few weeks. So if you’re published through Google Play, go check your dashboard and listings!!!